The Florida version of the Fair DUI flyer is here:
There are substantial concerns about fairness in the Florida DUI laws and how they’re applied.
Some of the biggest issues are:
- Use of the unreliable Intoxilyzer 8000 breath test device
- The 8-hour rule, keeping accused drivers from getting their own timely and reliable blood test
- The short 10-day period before the license hearing
- Inconsistent use of video
- The practice of charging and prosecuting drivers who blow a legal BAC
We will write more about these in the future.